List of 21 fake universities in India released by UGC
The University Grant Commission (UGC) has released a list of 21 fake universities in India. It has posted the list on the UGC website. Following are the universities released by the UGC as fake:
1. Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
2. Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
3. United Nations University, Delhi.
4. Vocational University, Delhi.
5. ADR-Centric Juridical University, New Delhi.
6. Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
7. Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
8. St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
9. Kesarwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
10. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
11. D.D.B. Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi, Tamil Nadu.
12. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
13. Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
14. Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
15. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
16. National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
17. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
18. Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
19. Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
20. Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur,Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
21. Gurukul Vishwavidyala, Vridanvan, Uttar Pradesh.
* Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow, UP – the matter is subjudice before the District Judge – Lucknow